A delicious tasting muffin recipe! Just in time to kick off the holiday baking.
- 1-1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground all spice
- 1-⅓ cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree
- 2 whole eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable shortening or grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup milk or 1/4 of low fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Add all dry ingredients (including spices and brown sugar) together in a bowl. Whisk together to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk/stir until combined. Pour the wet pumpkin mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until the batter is smooth and there are no clumps.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners or spray the tray with oil. Pour batter into the muffin holes and fill about ¾ full. Bake for 22 minutes.
- Depending on your oven and how much you fill the tins, the muffins may take a little longer to bake.