As you may have noticed, there are no amounts on this recipe! Use as little or as much of each ingredient as you want. Kale, tomatoes, and vegetable broth tend to be higher in pesticides or fungicides; therefore, organic ingredients are a better option. This meal is savory and takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. It’s a quick, go-to meal on busy days.
- Chopped onion
- Minced garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Vegetable broth
- Chopped red pepper
- Chopped kale
- A few cherry tomatoes, halved
- Black beans
- Soy sauce
- Balsamic vinegar
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to a sauté pan with a little extra virgin olive oil. Sauté over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Add some vegetable broth and red peppers and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour more vegetable broth in a pan, add the kale, and cover with lid. Cook for about 2 minutes at medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and black beans. Heat for about 1 minute.
- Toss all the cooked ingredients into bowl.
- Top with feta and add about 1/2 teaspoon each of soy sauce balsamic vinegar.
- Toss the ingredients for equal taste distribution.
- Eat and enjoy!
Tip of the Day
Your favorite drink tastes just as good in a smaller cup! Select smaller cans, cups, or glasses instead of large or super-sized options. Check the serving size and number of servings in the can, bottle, or container. Know how many calories you’re drinking so you don’t get more than you need.