Who doesn’t love a good milkshake? I only wish I could have one of these yummy, goodies everyday…..but I don’t think that would be setting a good example of “healthy, nutritious living.” We have to indulge every now and then; however! Although the Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Milkshake is a plain Jane Vanilla ice cream shake, is a MUST splurge for 4th of July.
*TIP: make the dessert quickly, pre-freeze the glasses, and put them in the freezer while making the different colors
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Red and Blue Food Coloring
- Whipped Cream
- Red, White and Blue Sprinkles
- Add two to three BIG scoops pf ice cream, 1/2 cup of milk, and blue food coloring to a blender. Blend and pour into cold glasses. Place into freezer.
- Rinse the blender and make a white layer with ice cream and milk. Add to the cold glasses.
- Rinse and add ice cream, milk, and red food coloring to make the red layer. Top off the glass then add the whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip of the Day
Slim down your side dish! Love cheesy mashed potatoes? Look for low-fat cheese blends or part-skim ricotta to whip into your creation.