Do you love Mexican food? Of course you do; who doesn’t? I’m sure there is a few slim pickings who turn their noses up to the Mexican ethnicity dishes, which stinks because these taquitos and their accompanying sauce make for a super easy, delicious, portable meal everyone in the family will love and can eat on the go. Also, they are perfect for a Cinco de Mayo dinner, Taco Tuesday, or whenever you and your family are salivating for some Mexican goodies! By replacing beef with chicken, adding Greek yogurt for protein, and baking instead of frying, these yummy, “rolled tacos” are a healthy, nutritious alternative to those served up in the local Mexican joint. Even better, they are cooked in under 30 minutes!
Serves: 7 Taquitos
1 cup cooked & shredded chicken
½ cup red enchilada sauce
3 green onions, chopped
¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
¼ cup sliced black olives
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. salt
½ cup shredded Mexican cheese
Fajita sized flour tortillas
Red taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, green onions, Greek yogurt, olives, cumin, salt and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Spoon approximately ¼ cup filling down the middle of each flour tortilla and roll. Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Spray rolled taquitos with cooking spray, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tortillas are golden brown and toasted.
- In a small bowl, mix together ranch dressing and taco sauce until desired flavor. Serve with taquitos and enjoy!
Tip of the Day
Manage your weight! Eating at least 3 ounce of whole grains per day may help with weight management.