- 5 lbs apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- juice and zest of 1 orange (I used lemon juice and orange zest)
- 1 tbsp water (more if needed)
- Combine all ingredients in a large, heavy bottomed pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and then reduce heat, stirring occasionally until apples are very soft and cranberries have burst.
- Mash apple sauce with a potato masher to desired consistency
- Serve warm, room temp, or chilled
Tip of the Day
Be food safe! Keep vegetables separate from raw meat, poultry and seafood while shopping, preparing, or storing.
Daily Inspiration X 2
“In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18
“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
~ Truman Capote