This spread puts a twist on the classic hummus using traditional ingredients, such as garlic, lemon, and tahini.
Prep time: 10 mins
Makes: 2 cups
- 1 (500g) bag frozen organic shelled edamame (3 cups thawed, drained)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- If starting with thawed edamame, rinse and drain before using. If starting with frozen, simmer in a pot of water until edamame is heated through. Rinse and drain before using. You can also remove the skins for a smoother spread.
- Add garlic and edamame to food processor and process until smooth.
- Add in lemon juice, tahini, water and process again. It may take a few minutes to reach the desired consistency.
- Add salt, cayenne, E, and process again until combined.
- Scoop into a serving bowl and serve with crostini, pita chips, or crackers
Tip of the Day
Have you made the switch yet? Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk or dairy products. They have the same amount of calcium and other essential nutrients as whole milk, but fewer calories and less saturated fat.
“Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone love the world, the love of the father is not in him.”
~ 1 John 2:15
The call of Christ is for rededication to him, a call to follow him, to pattern our lives after his. As John Wesle so wisely wrote: “Anything that cools my love for Christ is of the world.”