Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
A light and healthy quinoa salad tossed in a refreshing orange vinaigrette, full of protein and fiber.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 large naval oranges, cut into segments
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
For the orange vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, orange zest and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, oranges, bell pepper, jalapeño, black beans, corn, onions and cilantro. Pour the vinaigrette on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Reprinted from Damn Delicious
Tip of the Day
Seafood love. Eat seafood rich in omega-3 fats for heart health. Include a variety in your meals such as salmon, trout, and oysters.