Prep time: 15 mins
- 1 and 1/2 cups quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1 poblano chili pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups chicken broth (or water)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2-4 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa.
- Place quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, and corn in a slow cooker.
- Add peppers, garlic, and onion to cooker. Stir together. Add chili powder, cumin, and broth. Stir again and cook for 3-4 hours on high until broth is completely absorbed and quinoa is cooked through. Occasionally check dish to make sure the quinoa isn’t burning or sticking to sides.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, lime juice, taco seasoning, green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in mozzarella and enjoy!!
Adapted from Chelseas’ Messy Apron
Tip of the Day
Cook once but eat all week! Prepare a large batch of favorite recipes on your day off (double or triple the recipe). Freeze in individual containers and use them throughout the week to save time.