- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese (Mexican or pizza blend)
- 1.5 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- Prepared pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine salsa, cream cheese, and shredded cheese in a medium bowl.
- Stir in chicken and black beans and set aside.
- Divide pizza dough into six equal portions and roll out into circles.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of chicken mixture onto each piece of dough making sure to leave the border of the dough clean.
- Fold the dough over the filling and pinch the edges together to seal the dough.
- Slice two steam vents into the top of the calzones and then brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.
Adapted by: Mom on Timeout
Tip of the Day
Bring kids to the grocery store! Shopping together is an opportunity to teach children about food and healthy eating. Talk about where foods come from and how they grow.