Makes 4 drinks
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c honey
- 4 c (about 2 lbs) cantaloupe cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 c fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- sparkling water or club soda
- mint sprigs for garnish
- Combine the honey and water in a small saucepan and heat over medium low heat until water and honey are combined and just beginning to boil, about 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine honey syrup, cantaloupe, lime juice, mint leaves, and salt in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Using a fine meshed sieve or a piece of cheesecloth, strain the cantaloupe mixture into another container. Discard solids. You should end up with about 2 cups of liquid.
- In each glass, pour 1/2 c of the cantaloupe juice over ice. Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water or club soda and stir to mix. Alternately, you can mix equal parts cantaloupe juice and sparkling water in a pitcher with ice and pour into glasses as needed. Garnish with a mint sprig and enjoy!
Adapted from: Wisconsin From Scratch
Tip of the Day
Start with small goals! Small changes to what you eat and drink add up! Try making ½ your plate fruits and vegetables and choosing water as your beverage….Or the refreshing drink above!