Prep time: 30 min
Total time: 30 min
- 1 (5lb) ripe honeydew melon
- 1/2 cup baking sugar (superfine or ultra fine)
- 5 limes, juiced
- 1 cup raspberries (for garnish)
- Cut the melon in half, remove seeds with a spoon, then cut flesh from peel and cut into chunks. Place half of the melon in a large blender and process until liquified. Pour the liquified melon into a fine mesh sieve set over a large bowl.
- Use a spatula to press the melon into the sieve, allowing the juice to squeeze through into the bowl. Occasionally scrape the flesh off of the sieve to allow more juice to transfer to the bowl. Repeat with remaining melon.
- Transfer melon juice to a large pitcher and add four cups of water.
- Combine lime juice and sugar in a small bowl, then stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour the lime-sugar mixture into the pitcher and stir well. Serve over ice, garnished with raspberries.
Adapted from: The Wanderlust Kitchen
Tip of the Day
Make half your grains whole grains. Read the ingredients list and choose products that name a whole-grain ingredient first on the list. Look for “whole wheat,” “brown rice,” “bulgar,” “buckwheat,” “oatmeal,” “whole-grain cornmeal,” “whole oats,” “whole rye,” or “wild rice.”