Yield: 8 cups
Prep: 5 minutes
Total: 5 minutes
Naturally sweet and totally refreshing. This pretty pink cooler makes for a great healthy summer staple!
- 1 (3 pounds) seedless watermelon, cubed (about 5 cups)
- 4 cups (1 quart) coconut water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 medium lime)
- Puree the watermelon in a blender. Place a fine-mesh sieve over a pitcher and carefully pour the pureed watermelon though the sieve. Discard pulp.
- Stir in coconut water and lime juice.
- Chill, covered, until cold-at least an hour. Serve over ice.
Adapted from: Kitchen Treaty
Tip of the Day
Save on seafood! Eating seafood doesn’t have to be expensive. Tilapia, sardines, canned tuna, and frozen seafood can be low cost options. Check the local newspaper, online, and at the store for sales, coupons, and specials to help save money on seafood.