This amazing recipe has no added sugars and it’s meaty, thick, full of Italian flavor! It makes a great sauce served over traditional pasta or spaghetti squash for a low-carb meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef (lean beef is recommended)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 can tomato puree 29 ounces each
- 2 can dices tomatoes, with juice 14.5 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef along with the garlic. Drain.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a low boil, stirring often.
- Once the sauce is heated through and at a low boil, reduce the burner temperature to low and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately or allow the sauce to cool, the package it in freezer-safe containers for easy storage.
Nutrition Label Facts:
Calories 163, Calories from fat 99, Total fat 11g Cholesterol 32mg, Sodium 439mg, Carbohydrates 7g, Fiber 1g, Protein 9g
Adapted from: Taste of Lizzy T
Nutrition Tip of the Day
Rate your food based on a scale of one to 10, and don’t bother finishing foods that rank below a six. How many times have you taken a bite of a stale pastry or a tasteless entrée and complained about its flavour? It’s a waste of calories!